September 11, 2020
To our valued member:
Our associates are excited to welcome you back to Tamarac on Monday, September 14!
We’ve been busy these last few months. Our team has been doing lots of cleaning, sanitizing and moving.
A tremendous amount of time and energy has been devoted to reimagining the day when we could reopen to you! Every step that we have done is with our associates’ and members’ health and safety in mind!
We know that other places have chosen to open on September 9. We have not made our decision lightly. We know you want to be back in and working out. We want to make sure that you have the best experience that you can when you walk back through our doors and remain confident in our enhanced safety and cleanliness measures.
First, we are ensuring our staff is fully trained and familiar with our new layout and all the safeguards we have put in place to reduce any potential infection and transmission. This includes educating our team members so they are fully prepared to serve you as we go through several stages of a safe reopening.
Second, we want to make sure that we keep you and our community informed about the new measures we’ve put in place to maximize safety and cleanliness. This includes informing you about different phases of our reopening as well as other steps.
Tamarac is more than just a gym or fitness center. In addition to being a member of Spectrum Health, we are a medical wellness facility certified by the Medical Fitness Association, which is an international organization that has certified only two other facilities in Michigan and 50 in the entire nation. At Tamarac, we hold ourselves to a higher level of quality and care for the community we serve.
Things will look different to you compared to the last time you were inside our facility. When you come through our doors, you’ll undergo a brief health screening process at the front door. Some areas of the club won’t be available in Stage One of reopening.
Here’s what we want you to know:
Cleanliness and sanitization are more important than ever, so here’s what we’re doing:
- Each night after we close, a thorough deep clean is conducted in the facility
- We’ve added additional sanitizing stations on the fitness floor and rooms. These stations include wipes for members to wipe down any equipment they use, and hand sanitizer for personal use.
- Keeping one another safe is a shared responsibility and as a condition of membership, we now require members to wipe down equipment after using it. Thank you to all of those that have promoted this through the years.
- We’ve added Health Guards on the fitness floor. This Health Guard will ensure that all equipment is wiped down after use from each member and help remind of physical distancing practices on the fitness floor. Look for the green shirts!
- We’ve added additional cleaning shifts throughout the day
- We’ve added additional sanitizing shift of high touch-point areas
Hours of operation will be reviewed on a regular basis. Adjustments will be made as seen fit. The shortened hours allow us to have adequate staff to ensure all protocols are kept up.
- Monday through Friday 5 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Sunday noon to 4 p.m.
Treehouse services are important to our members, and we recognize that. While the Treehouse will not re-open right away, we are eager to bring it back just as soon as possible. This will be a top priority to resume.
Membership dues will start back October 1. On October 1, we will charge October dues. This will go through normal billing process and be debited to the payment form you have on file.
- For members who have credit on file from the earlier closure in March, we returned two weeks’ worth of dues to payment form on file or to the individual account in April.
- For members who had a year paid in full or a pass, we have extended the dates of your membership or pass to reflect the closure.
We understand that some members may not be ready to return yet. If you do not want your membership to go active with billing October 1, please call by Friday, September 25. You may place your account on a freeze (no charge through December 2020) or you may choose to cancel your membership at that time. Any account that has not had a status change by Friday, September 25, will be charged October dues on October 1. For any membership or billing questions, please call: 231.924.1600.
Locker rooms remain open for member’s needs, though we encourage members to limit their use of these facilities at this time. To encourage physical distancing, we are allowing two individuals per locker room bay. Hand soap and shower soap will remain in each locker room, but all other toiletries have been removed, including hair dryers.
Showers will be cleaned throughout the day. A deep cleaning is conducted each night after close.
The pool is open. You will have to register at this time for classes or open swim. Members will not be allowed to use the pool during therapy times at this point. No family swim until further notice.
Steam room, sauna and hot tub will remain closed.
And we ask that if you or anyone in your household is sick to please stay home!
We have so much more to share with you. We have a member reopening guide that includes more information about each area, including billing. You may find it at www.tamaracwellness.org or linked on our Facebook Group.
We will continue to post our updates on Tamarac’s Facebook group and Tamarac’s website, www.tamaracwellness.org.
As always, if you have any questions or ideas, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 231.924.1600.
Again, welcome back! We can’t wait to see you!