Coordinated Approach to Child Health (CATCH) is an in-school health initiative being implemented within the Newaygo County public school districts. CATCH efforts include:
- CATCH (health) lessons for all K-5th grade students
- Well-represented CATCH (wellness) Committees who meet regularly to focus efforts on enhancing the school environment to teach, reinforce and reward healthy behaviors and coordinate communication.
- Creating a healthy learning environment that makes the healthy choice the easy choice
- Tracking of updated wellness policies, new campus-wide healthy practices and the number of environmental supports put in place
- Collaboration between school staff, Spectrum Health Gerber Memorial & MSU Extension
For more information, visit: https://catchinfo.org/about/